Labour would help with energy bills funded by a tax on bumper profits of oil and gas companies and ditch the tax hike. But Rishi Sunak has refused to help. The Conservatives have turned their back on families in Basingstoke at the worst possible time.
- The Chancellor has left households and businesses to fend for themselves in the middle of a cost of living crisis, as we’re set to see the biggest drop to incomes on record this year.
- For every £6 the Chancellor has taken in tax since becoming Chancellor, he’s giving back just £1 today.
- Britain is facing the highest tax burden in 70 years, with the Chancellor confirming £24 billion in tax rises this year
- Rishi Sunak is raising taxes again and again, only to offer crumbs just before an election.
- This is a cynical Chancellor who is asking struggling families to pay for the Tory mistakes
Local Tory Coservative are just the same puting local taxes and charges UP while the level of service and standards go DOWN.