Basingstoke Labour Party Women’s Forum
The Women’s Forum is here to:
- support women’s involvement in the local Party: from discussing and campaigning on the issues that concern them, to encouraging them to run for elected office;
- to build links with women in the community, through contact with community organisations and individual women, consultation, campaigning and working together;
- encourage women to join the Party and to help all women feel at home in it
- ensure that women’s voices are heard in the Party, and represent women’s interests and concerns on the Executive Committee.
How we do it:
- meeting in an informal setting to discuss issues important to us
- organise events to raise the profile of key issues and how policies affect women so we can address any problems
- run workshops to enable women to participate in the local party with confidence
- support women candidates running for office.
We believe that political activities like these can be mutually supportive and enjoyable, and we also hold events where we can share our skills and enthusiasm.
The Women’s Officer Rebecca (Becki) Winson: email@example.com